Are you a former senior journalist or editor?
Are you a media and PR professional looking for the right team and environment to upskill; implementing corporate communications and PR with strategic media management?
If that’s a yes to either question, or both, it’s time we spoke about our Media & Communications Specialist position.
We’re looking for a former journalist, or a PR professional with a strong media network, to join our team. We want to work with someone who can cut through the chaff and deliver compelling, strategic stories to help our clients increase awareness, raise their profile and meet key business objectives.
This is an opportunity to grow or move your career forward in a thriving and supportive environment.
You’ll be working with everyone from innovative start-ups to global industry leaders, helping to tell their stories.
You’ll be stepping into a space that fosters talent and rewards hard work.
Bring those skills to the table and we’ll reward you with hilarious banter (well, we think so!), frequent trips to the office chocolate bowl (it’s a thing) and a collegiate, friendly culture that prioritises learning and professional development.
But enough about us. What about you?
As our new Media and Communications Specialist, you will manage accounts and deliver powerful outcomes for clients.
You will provide innovative thinking to add value to our clients’ projects and businesses through strategic and proactive corporate communications. The role is responsible for strategic planning for clients as well as the provision of high quality and responsive copy. You’ll also look for new opportunities to boost client brands within their target audiences.
This is a hands-on role and you’ll be working alongside highly experienced marketing, communications, and media professionals out of our Brisbane CBD office, who all love a good pun!
At our agency you’ll need to be prepared for variety. Because we offer a range of services to our clients, the days are always different. So you’ll be constantly growing and expanding your skill set. To allow for this to occur, our environment is supportive, flexible, and without ego.
Learning and professional development opportunities include monthly ‘lunch and learn’ events, a social club, annual conference, and agility to nurture your career goals.
To know more about us visit bespokenagency.com.au or call our Managing Director for a chat. If you tick the boxes below, then we’d like to hear from you!
Bespoken is an integrated communications, engagement and marketing agency based in Brisbane.
With a client roster that stretches across Australia and internationally, Bespoken offers three core areas of service – communications, engagement and marketing.
While they may serve very different purposes, they find a common link in stories: How we shape them, how we share them and how we amplify them to customers, communities, clients and stakeholders.
We marry smart storytelling with evidence-based solutions to help clients get to where they want and need to be.
Our key areas of speciality include peak industry associations, agribusiness, renewables, circular economy, construction, development, hospitality, recruitment and HR, technology and not-for-profits.
With a team unrivalled in expertise, experience, evidence-based resources and contacts, Bespoken works to a simple vision – deliver bankable strategies and solutions.
To apply, send us your CV and in a succinct cover letter please tell us:
- In a concise paragraph, why we should read your CV and book a time for an interview.
- How you like your coffee (or equivalent hot beverage) for the morning order.
More about the role
With the right guidance, onboarding, systems and processes, the Media and Communications Specialist is a senior account manager who manages projects and ongoing retainers for clients across a variety of sectors.
Duties & responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Developing and managing media and communications plans for clients
- Drafting and pitching stories
- Account management, time keeping and reconciliation of reports for clients
- Proactive and reactive media management – identifying opportunities, preparing and pitching stories
- Implementation of strategic and operational communications plans, programs, projects and initiatives to align with client vision, goals and direction, to improve and enhance the perceptions and experiences of clients and communities
- Prepare a range of materials to meet stakeholder and client requirements such as (but not limited to) websites, award submissions, capability statements, communications and marketing plans, speeches, media releases, brochure copy and annual reports
- Advise clients on emerging issues to support strategic decision processes and major or critical issues response
- Develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships to exchange information with media organisations, client groups, community, other levels of government and other stakeholders to inform strategy and communications related to programs and services
- Develop extensive knowledge of an industry/economic sector on behalf of our clients
- Write and project manage a wide range of communication materials to meet stakeholder and client requirements
- Build capacity and knowledge about each key stakeholder to ensure effective communication outcomes by clearly defining lines of communication
- Project manage key projects on behalf of clients
- Networking and PR for the agency and your clients, when required
- Identify business development opportunities and assist Bespoken Agency to secure new clients.
Qualifications, skills, knowledge, abilities & attitude
- Degree in Communications or Journalism, or similar relevant qualifications or demonstrated capability through past employment experience and/or relevant qualifications
- A high level of media and communications experience
- Project management experience
- High level of presentation skills
- High level of interpersonal skills including ability to liaise effectively with key stakeholders
- High level of written, verbal and aural communication skills
- Ability to effectively maintain confidentiality and privacy through appropriate communication and record keeping.
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ media and/or communication experience
- Highly developed networks among media outlets (traditional and digital)
- Senior experience developing and producing written materials for a range of audiences
- Advanced media and social media skills
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Tertiary qualification in communications or public relations, or related relevant qualification.